This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How can I connect a client via cable to a WLAN?

Hello,

I need hints to connect a client via cable to a WLAN.

I have Sophos UTM 9.4. and  3 WLANs configured as seperate zone and broadcasted togehter by several APs.

One of the WLANs is used for iPads. An OS-X Server to manage the iPads is also connectet wireless to this network. Now I've to connect this server via LAN-cable to the WLAN, to gain full functionality. This means the server has to use the same IP from the range of the WLAN and traffic must be allowed to the other clients, both is of course the case now with wireless connection. The server is not (necessarily) part of the internal LAN.

Has anybody configured something like this and could you tell me what has to be done and point me to the relevant documentation? I allready thougt about a seperate internal LAN for the server and a bridge to the wlan, but I am not completely sure how to do this.

Thanks,
Michael

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi, Michael, and welcome to the UTM Community!

Your instinct is correct.  You already have an Interface defined on the wlan# virtual NIC.   Just change that Interface definition to 'Type: Ethernet Bridge' and select the NIC that you connect to the server. Save and you're done!

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA