This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Can I use Sophos Wifi AP with Sophos Home UTM?

Which AP model is best/cheapest for home? As I want to build a secure Wifi network at home...UTM home edition is perfect, I run it on VM...

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Please move in the correct forum.  this is Sophos Home for Windows. ie AV home application for Windows.

Sophos UTM community.sophos.com/.../

Regards Simon

UTM - 9.411-3 | Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3550 CPU @ 3.30GHz
    8GB Memory | Samsung EVO 850 120GB SDD | Intel GB Ethernet x3

• Hi, Irvin, and welcome to the UTM Community!

An AP 15 or secondhand AP 30 may be enough.  If you want to spend the money on it, an AP 55 would certainly be more likely to cover your home.  It all depends on size and construction.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • go with AP15, AP30 have not proven that reliable, personal experience. The newer APs have lower power consumption and better throughput.

Ian,

home UTM 9.x running in ESXi 6 e3-1275v2

AP55c and AP10 (courtesy Astaro)

Three other UTMs, SUM and SFM in hibernation

XG 15.x MR3 in hibernation

• Hi Bob, I hope you are well 

I use Sophos UTM Home and Iv just bought a Sophos AP15 AP and I want to connect it to my Home UTM. I have just spoke to a lady at Sophos and she says that you cannot connect AP's to the home edition of Sophos UTM.

Is this correct or is what you said before correct, I saw your  comment and now I'm confused 

Please Help

Tom 

• Hi, Tom, and welcome to the UTM Community!  Look at Ian's signature block - he's using Sophos APs with a free home-use license.  Not everyne at Sophoshas learned the UTM product line.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA