This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

WPA2-Enterprise configuration options, and impact on logging

Hi all, have been using an SG210 with multiple AP55C's using WPA2-PSK.  Have configured most things and overall pretty happy with the solution.

To tighten security, we are considering switch to WPA2-Enterprise and establishing unique IDs/pws for each employee.

First question:  I understand that our options include setting up FreeRADIUS, an AD server (which we don't already use) and possibly some cloud based AWS AD version (which I haven't read much about).  Are there any other options we should consider?  (We also use Google email and apps)

Second question:  Does setting this up enhance any logging, e.g. does it add the user name in places where the IP address that would generally be logged?  Today we get some alerts for APT etc. that logs the IP, and I find it difficult to find out which user had that IP.

Third question:  Anything else I should consider in setting up WPA2-Enterprise?  Any other benefits, drawbacks?

Thank you and apologies for newb-ish quesiton!

Cheers,

Albert 

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • How large is your organization, Albert?  What total does  /usr/local/bin/count_active_ip.plx --showcount give you?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA