This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos AP 10 behind RED 50, unified tunnel

Having some issues with an AP10 behind a RED 50 in Unified mode.

RED setup
•Uplink mode: Client
•Operation mode: Standard/unified
•RED interface has been added to "Allowed wireless interfaces"

AP details
•AP has been approved from "Pending access points"
•AP is listed as Active
•A single Wireless network has been attached to the AP

I see the SSID and I can connect to the WiFi but from there on, I am stuck. I can't browse the web. Weirdly my Outlook was able to sync but I can't access any http or https sites.

If I connect to the same SSID in my main office (not behind a RED), I can easily browse the web. So I suspect that clients with an IP from that Interface can access the web.

Anything else I can check or I have forgotten?
Thank you, Matthias

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi Matthias,
    what kind of SSID do you stream? Can you see drops in the packetfilter.log? Are you able to browse the internet if you are wired to the RED50? For me this sounds like a configuration issue.
    Greetings,
    Andreas
  • I have 5 people working behind that RED50 every day using internet and everything, so yes, we can browse the internet while directly connected.

Regular SSID with WPA2 Personal, separate Zone. AES. 2.4 and 5. Client Isolation Enabled. It's the same SSID that I use at the main bureau.

Regards, Matthias
  • Hi M.

Check if:
    - DNS Proxy is allowed for RED network (if configured so in DNS Proxys)
    - Check if a Masquerading Rule exists RED Network / WAN Interface

90% chance that one of those got forgotten - common failure [:P]
  • If the great advice above doesn't solve your issue, please tell us if you get any hints from #1 in Rulz.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • FINALLY.

I tested two different AP 10 with every release and I always failed. The AP behaved erratic, sometimes the WiFi SSID were visible, sometimes not. Suddenly I could connect, a few minutes later I lost connection. The RED 50 was always stable.

I took a AP 15 last week, connected it and it behaved as expected: Everything works.

Yes, I do blame the AP 10 and I threw both AP 10 away as this issue costed me like 20h.