This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

[9.1] Wireless is there but no one is home

Since we upgraded to 9.1 our wireless network has been flaky at best. For some reason you can be standing right under the AP and the power shows as if its low. You CAN connect HOWEVER DHCP is not working. 

Turning off and on DHCP has no effect.
Removing the AP(s) and re-adding them has no effect.
Turning off and on DNS has no effect.
Turning off and on the wireless networks has no effect.

Deleting the ENTIRE wireless setup and starting form scratch works, it restores the power level of the AP units and DHCP is handing out IP addresses as expected. But who wants to do that every morning...

Call to support has been made, BUT I will freely offer up that support has been almost non existent since Sophos took over, which is a shame because I do love me some Sophos products...

Thoughts?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • I have not seen that behavior.. what APs are you using?  AP10s did have an issue in 9.*** for a while, but I saw that signal issue fixed in 9.005 or 9.006 (and under 9.100 appears to be working fine as well).

CTO, Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC

https://www.convergesecurity.com

Sophos Platinum Partner

--------------------------------------

Advice given as posted on this forum does not construe a support relationship or other relationship with Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC or its subsidiaries.  Use the advice given at your own risk.

• I have not seen that behavior.. what APs are you using?  AP10s did have an issue in 9.*** for a while, but I saw that signal issue fixed in 9.005 or 9.006 (and under 9.100 appears to be working fine as well).

We have 10 AP50(s) 

More items to add.

Removing some of the AP units will cause them to NOT reconnect the UTM. Seems once again to be a DHCP issue.
    Failing over the UTM to the slave resolves the issue pretty much instantly, however removed AP units still do not reconnect to the UTM.
  • Hi Jayson,
    If I get  you right you are having a HA environment with 10 AP50 which lost DHCP after upgrade from 9.006 to 9.1 and a full reset (rebuilding up the wirless setup from scratch) solves the problem only for a few hours as you have to do it every morning. This is a really a strange behaviour which I never experienced before.
    Please provide more information regarding your setup as this is absolutely not enough to even guess a hint.
    Greetings,
    Andreas
  • Hi Jayson,
    If I get  you right you are having a HA environment with 10 AP50 which lost DHCP after upgrade from 9.006 to 9.1 and a full reset (rebuilding up the wirless setup from scratch) solves the problem only for a few hours as you have to do it every morning. This is a really a strange behaviour which I never experienced before.
    Please provide more information regarding your setup as this is absolutely not enough to even guess a hint.
    Greetings,
    Andreas

Support is on it. I sent them a number of requested log chunks. Sounds like they are already aware of "an issue" with wireless after this upgrade, however it was unclear if it was "this issue".
  • Support is on it. I sent them a number of requested log chunks. Sounds like they are already aware of "an issue" with wireless after this upgrade, however it was unclear if it was "this issue".

Same issue here, rebooting 22 ap's every morning.
  • Hey Herman,
    could you please provide more information regarding your setup? Like I said to Jayson, I can not even guess a hint without a detailed plan of your setup.
    Greetings,
    Andreas
  • Same issue here, rebooting 22 ap's every morning.

Herman - If you're running HA try forcing a fail over, that seems to resolve the issue for about 24 hours.
  • For what it's worth, I'm having similar problems on a 3x AP50 setup on UTM 9.1 with an HA 220.  Was not a problem until this latest version.

I failed it over and people could connect. . .
  • Herman - If you're running HA try forcing a fail over, that seems to resolve the issue for about 24 hours.

This is what I'm having to do [:(]
  • I've been talking to sophos since I put the soft release on about this and they havn't given me a straight answer or anything helpful.

Starting to get a little annoyed now [:(]