This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Radius Authentication Server -> Web protection "users"

Correct me if I'm completely in the wrong here but I';m thinking I should be able to set this up...

I currently have a wireless system (aerohive) that is also supplying the radius server (built into a aerohive AP). 

Currently when looking at logs/reports/etc. in web protection all my "users" are either dns hostnames (ex. computer123.mydomain.com) or IP addresses (ex 10.4.1.1.mydomain.com).

Should I not be able to add my aerohive radius server in sophos utm as a authentication server, create a dynamic usergroup with the backend membership being that radius server so those ip's now become usernames?

My current issue is actually adding the radius server.  
The server is the correct IP host for the aerohive AP.
The port I have in the UTM matches the radius server port of 1812.
The shared secret matches.  When I "test" I receive "Error: bad response authenticator"
--> Live log:
2015:03:17-15:49:23 HS1ASG aua[30862]: id="3006" severity="info" sys="System" sub="auth" name="Spawned child for authentication test"

2015:03:17-15:49:23 HS1ASG aua[30862]: id="3006" severity="info" sys="System" sub="auth" name="Bind test request: radius"
2015:03:17-15:49:23 HS1ASG aua[30862]: id="3006" severity="info" sys="System" sub="auth" name="Bind test failed. Method: radius, error: DENIED
2015:03:17-15:49:23 HS1ASG aua[30862]: bad response authenticator"

Any ideas?
[:S]

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • The RADIUS server "DENIED" access to the UTM.  Have you configured the Aerohive device to accept the UTM as a client?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • The RADIUS server "DENIED" access to the UTM.  Have you configured the Aerohive device to accept the UTM as a client?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
  • The RADIUS server "DENIED" access to the UTM.  HAVE YOU CONFIGURED THE Aerohive device to accept the UTM as a client?

Cheers - Bob

Hi Bob,

Not really seeing anywhere to do so in the AH device radius settings as far as setting a specific "allowed IP client" for the UTM to connect through -- can set shared secret, ip, AD/ldap info, etc.   Is there any way to have the UTM authorize as a client via specific credentials?  I would have thought it would use shared secret to authorize itself. 

Let me contact AH and see if they can offer any insight. Thanks.