[QUESTION] No boot device found

Hello
I am using the ACC v2.1 in productive environments at work and I love it to manage the several ASGs.
I also use it at home for testing purposes.

Now I wanted to try the new Beta but I couldn't get it installed:

I downloaded the latest release as well as prev. versions.
All cause the same result:

My XenServer says "No bootable device found" when the image is mounted.

My VirtualBox on my Mac does the same.

MD5 check for the files is OK [:(]

Any idea why I can't install?

Regs
chas0rde
Parents
  • Hi

We do not (yet) officially support xen and virtual box. Support for these is
    requested often (escpecially for ACC), and we will probably have support for
    these in the future.

Unofficially, ACC runs in Virtual Box, at least on Linux. I have no experience
    about xen, however. Do you have a mac with Intel hardware? Do you have a PC
    with Virtual Box that you could try? Have you tried ISOs before V3 Beta
    (unlikely that those would work, but it may be worth a try).

cheers
    robert
  • Hello
    too sad. I've been using the ACC v2.1 on the XenServer and it worked like a charm [:)]
    So I assumed that it also works on ACC v3.

It's an Intel Mac. Got a Windows Box too which I could try later.

The awkward thing is that I could not even boot into the ISOLINUX (which I assume is used for the installation process like in other Astaro products)

cheers
    chas0rde
  • Strange indeed. If any, the support for virtualization should have become
    better, since we provide vmware images, and ASG V8 has some changes to
    improve that. If ACC V2 installed on xen, V3 should, too. 

If I can find the time, I will have a chat with the kernel guys...
  • So. We have full xen support. We even support the xen-tools, I was told. Xen support is not yet optimal. Something about faster drivers that will come in a kernel update, or some such.

If your system does not even boot, it could be a problem with your setup or the ISO. I have seen the ISO boot under xen and virtual box (I just tested it on my gentoo linux machine)
  • So. We have full xen support. We even support the xen-tools, I was told. Xen support is not yet optimal. Something about faster drivers that will come in a kernel update, or some such.

If your system does not even boot, it could be a problem with your setup or the ISO. I have seen the ISO boot under xen and virtual box (I just tested it on my gentoo linux machine)
Children
No Data