This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Mesh Network does not provide more than 50% of throughput speed of Internet connection for download

I have 2 x AP50 connected as a Mesh (5GHz), this is a back haul network between 2 locations, that are very close (less than 5 Metres).

why is it that I cannot get more than 20 Mb/s download across this mesh (when the internet connects at 40Mb/s download).

I have tried both the UTM (latest firmware), and the XG (latest firmware), I have also tried both frequencies 2.4GHz & 5GHz and I get the same results. I do realise that WiFi is half duplex, and can only transmit in one direction at a time, but even so I should get at least 25Mb/s based on 'g'

AP50[A4002**********]

00:1a:8c:**:**:**
-
76%
54.0 Mbit/s
01:12:38:35
5GHz
Sophos Ltd

AP50[A4002**********]

-
73%
243.0 Mbit/s
01:12:39:23
5GHz
Sophos Ltd

also why does I get different connection speeds from the 2 APs within the mesh?

any help appreciated

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Anyone from Sophos Provide any information on this disparity?

XG & UTM Architect (Systems: XG v18 & UTM 9.7 - Virtual, HW & SW)
    Curious enough to take it apart, skilled enough to put it back together, Clever enough to hide the extra parts when I'm Done!

• Anyone from Sophos Provide any information on this disparity?

XG & UTM Architect (Systems: XG v18 & UTM 9.7 - Virtual, HW & SW)
    Curious enough to take it apart, skilled enough to put it back together, Clever enough to hide the extra parts when I'm Done!

Children
No Data