This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos AP with Windows RADIUS works when NPS is on DC, not not when it's on another server

Here's a small conundrum I'm faced with.

I've managed to set up WPA Enterprise via a Windows NPS role. The catch? I've had to install the NPS role on the same server as the cert authority and the DC.

I've tried to configure another server with the NPS role (server was in the same domain). Said server already trusts the CA, and I enrolled for a NPS certificate, and used that when configuring the NPS for RADIUS.

Unfortunately, attempts to connect by the clients when that RADIUS server was in use ended up with the following error:

The client could not be authenticated  because the Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) Type cannot be processed by the server.

As far as I'm aware, this is a problem with the certificate that's used. But I really can't tell what's wrong with this certificate. The CA is trusted by the entire domain already. The generated NPS certificate was signed by said CA and the server had the private key for it. The name matched the new NPS server. In fact, I've generated it in the same way I generated the NPS server on the DC for RADIUS - so I was using the same CA template in both cases.

Any idea what could be the issue?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
No Data