This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

AP 55C powers on but no Ethernet communication

I have an AP 55C that was working fine one day and not working the next. 

When I plug the AP, I get at first a solid green light for 27s, then no light for 7s, after that a slow flashing green light for 12s and then a slow flashing orange light for 1min and 49s.  Then it starts all over again.  According to https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/122791 , the AP has booted and now there’s no connection to the firewall. 

The two lights beside the RJ45 plug do not light or flash and the light on the switch also do not light or flash when plugged in.  I've tried a different switch, Cat 5, PoE injector and nothing works.  The AP 55C was plugged to an XG Firewall and now to a UTM 9 and nothing shows up in the logs.  When I plug another Sophos AP (AP 55) in the same setup, everything works ok.

I'm a home user and no Sophos expert but would greatly appreciate your help.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Have you tried to see if there is any communication from the AP, using Wireshark?

if you see no traffic, then I would guess it is a duff unit...

XG & UTM Architect (Systems: XG v18 & UTM 9.7 - Virtual, HW & SW)
    Curious enough to take it apart, skilled enough to put it back together, Clever enough to hide the extra parts when I'm Done!

• Like I said, I’m no expert.

But I plugged my working Sophos AP 55 through a PoE injector at a switch with only my computer plugged in, also in that switch.  I can see the AP 55 trying to communicate with the UTM with Wireshark.

I removed the AP 55 and replaced it with the non-working Sophos AP55C and see no traffic coming from it.

Any other ideas?

Thanks!

• Like I said, I’m no expert.

But I plugged my working Sophos AP 55 through a PoE injector at a switch with only my computer plugged in, also in that switch.  I can see the AP 55 trying to communicate with the UTM with Wireshark.

I removed the AP 55 and replaced it with the non-working Sophos AP55C and see no traffic coming from it.

Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Children
No Data