This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos AP are expensive paper weights for home users.

I have been using Sophos since it was Astaro as a home user since it had a ten IP limit and since updated to the XG. I was so excited when they made it fifty IPs. For years now I have used an Astaro AP30. I finally dropped the cash for a newer better Sophos AP100C. I got it all set up added my wireless networks removed them from the AP30. Grabbed my notebook to test the new speeds and my ssid's are not there, I checked the XG says AP is connected and active and still no ssid. Rebooted the AP100C still nothing rebooted the XG to clear the DHCP rebooted the AP100C it doesn't shot in the DHCP log with an IP. Now it sits there with the solid green light. I dropped good money on this thing and since I'm a home user no support Sophos doesn't stand behind their hardware since I'm not a business with a paid License. If I could afford a license I would have one. anyways...

This happened with the AP30 when I switched from UTM to the XG but Sophos or Astaro offers a flash tool none offered for the AP100C or any of the new Sophos APs. Since I'm not a corporation and can't just get support for a device I paid real money for and get it fixed.

Would anyone know how to reflash the AP100C or have a tool for it? Or point me in the right direction? And no the place I bought it from won't return or exchange since I opened the package.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
No Data