This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos UTM with Sophos AP15 slow

Dear All,

I am having issue with my UTM box. I have 60/15 internet line and  Sophos UTM 120 box (atom cpu and 2gb ram) with Sophos AP15. On wired connection i have ~40-50Mbits speed but on the wifi I have only ~18-20 Mbits.

I did a lot of test with different UTM setting and measurement from the different wifi devices (Iphone 6, Ipad, Windows 10 based laptop) but no luck.

I have IPS on and advanced threat detection On, I have tried to switch off them but same results. CPU load  a bit high 40-80% all the time even if I switch on/off the features like IPS etc....  Also I tried to put the AP from the bridged mode to separated mode but same effect. I have tried to change the MTU aswell. Now  i have no idea how can i solve this. Is there anybody else how have a similar issue? Maybe the weak CPU is the root case, if yes why I can achieve a higher speed on wired connection ? I am planing to replace my old UTM120 to the virtual machine with more resource but first I wanna make sure it will solve my issue,

Anyway I except the same speed on wired and on the wireless connection . 

Thank you and best regards

M

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • your clients are connected at 2.4 Ghz please check whether they are connected at 802.11g or 802.11n.

Because if client is connected at 802.11g then 12-18 Mbps in speed test is the maximum you can get. And if clients are connected on 'n' you can get maximum 100-150 Mbps in speed test if client also supports 3x3 mimo.

At higher internet speed only 802.11 ac supported client on 5 Ghz can give best performance.

Regards, Ronak.

• your clients are connected at 2.4 Ghz please check whether they are connected at 802.11g or 802.11n.

Because if client is connected at 802.11g then 12-18 Mbps in speed test is the maximum you can get. And if clients are connected on 'n' you can get maximum 100-150 Mbps in speed test if client also supports 3x3 mimo.

At higher internet speed only 802.11 ac supported client on 5 Ghz can give best performance.

Regards, Ronak.

Children
No Data