This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

APX740 with 802.3af PoE

Hello,

can someome explain me what exactly happens when i connect APX740 to af PoE injector? It seems running fine, but devices are connecting to 5GHz at 400Mbit speeds maximum, is it possible that radio does not run on all antennas with af PoE? Im still running on UTM so there is not much to set on AP...

Thank you, Vitek

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Actually the APX740 requires a PoE+ Injector. 

Never tested the scenario of a "smaller" PoE Injector.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• Hi Vitek,

For APX 530 and 740, we would recommend the usage of a PoE+(802.3at) injector. A PoE injector definitely impacts client connectivity and performance, not to mention APs rebooting due to insufficient power supply. As the number of clients increase, power consumption also proportionally increases. With a PoE injector, this could lead to performance degradation.

To sum it up, the impact of using 802.3af injector with APX 740, per se is undefined and hence a PoE+ injector is a right option. 

Regards,

Tejas

• Hello,

thank you for your response, i have currently two APX740 connected to af PoE and both running fine and stable, off course inallready ordered PoE+ switch, just wondered if this can cause only 400Mbps link speeds...