This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Multiple SSID and multiple IP network on AP55 and XG 210

Hello all,

did anyone help my to understand how can I setup 2 (or more) SSID associated at 2 (or more) different network in the same XG firewall?

I need to propagate 2 network on the same AP, the first network have 192.168.1.x IP classes and are on LAN1 interface, the second one has a 192.168.4.x IP classes and are on LAN3 interfaces in the XG 210 firewall.

To propagate the two network on the same AP I need to configure the lan switch port in trunk mode and the wireless network of the XG in "bridge to vlan" mode or there are another way to do that? Note that the two network are configured on phisical interface on the xg, not in valn interface.

Thank's in advance.

Maurizio

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • I would highly recommend to work with VLAN. 

Bridge to AP (V)LAN will simply put all the Traffic, connected to this SSID, into the proper Interface of AP. 

Separate Zone will forward all Traffic to XG, XG will create a Interface on it and you will deal with the Traffic on XG. 

So you need to work with VLANs. 

If you start to work with VLANs, the AP has to have a own VLAN (Management Interface). 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• Hi Lucar and thank you so much for reply.

Your explanation are perfect, very very clear.

But I've one last question:

I need to propagate one network present on lan1 of firewall, and other one that's on lan3 of XG, I need to destory the lan on the ethernet and make it on vlan or there is a method to propagate it otherwise?

To clarifiy:

LAN1: 192.168.1.x

LAN3: 192.168.4.x

I need to propagate all two network on two SSID called LAN and LAB on all ap, I need to trasform my network in vlan?

Thank you in advance

• Looks like yes, you need to convert it to VLAN.

Reply Children
No Data