This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Intermittent connection issues between computers and Sophos APX 530

So, I've installed a Sophos APX 530 in my office.
This AP is managed by Sophos Central, we also have a Sophos Firewall (not sure if relevant).
Some (not all) users have been having intermittent issues with staying connected to one of the SSID's on the AP.
We have two SSID's, a Business SSID and a Guest SSID.

There are many more devices/much more activity on the Business SSID but both SSID's have the exact same setup.
I would say about 1-4 times a week, some users unexpectedly disconnect from the Business SSID and cannot re-connect until the AP has been rebooted.
One odd thing to note however is that when users have been disconnected from the Business SSID I can connect them to the Guest SSID without issue.
I have not tested if users get unexpectedly disconnected for the Guest SSID as I try to get them back on the Business SSID ASAP (They cannot access their network drives on the Guest SSID).

I know the issue is not AP specific as this is the third AP of the same model we have gone through showing the same symptoms.
It is also not Operating System specific as it effects users on Windows 10 and Windows 7.
Another odd thing to note is folks using Microsoft Surfaces have never been unexpectedly disconnected.

I have been unable to determine if its an issue with how our AP's are setup or how our SSID's are setup.
I have been in contact with Sophos support via phone/email but its been a mixed bag thus far with no signs of improvement.

Here are some things I've tried so far to no avail:
Replacing the AP
Turning off the 5G network
Disabling autochannel
There may have been another setting we experimented with enable/disabling, I think it was called Dual Banding

Any thoughts?

I hope this question and the information provided has been appropriate.
Thanks!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • I cannot relate to this issue at all. 

None of my APX shows such an issue.

Do you use WPA2 Personal or Enterprise in the affected AP? 

Which Mode do you use? Bridge to AP (V)LAN?

Could be an XG issue? I mean, if XG is managing something of this AP, maybe the client does not get any Lease anymore or something like that. 

Could you please elaborate more of your Setup? 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• I cannot relate to this issue at all. 

None of my APX shows such an issue.

Do you use WPA2 Personal or Enterprise in the affected AP? 

Which Mode do you use? Bridge to AP (V)LAN?

Could be an XG issue? I mean, if XG is managing something of this AP, maybe the client does not get any Lease anymore or something like that. 

Could you please elaborate more of your Setup? 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Children
No Data