This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Clients intermittently can't connect to APX530 and APX520.

I've just installed Sophos APX and XG in a few new sites but I haven't had so many problems with a single wireless product!

Most often, we have clients that can't connect to the APs despite having the correct password saved on their devices. It seems that the AP intermittently forgets or changes the SSID password.... not exactly sure how or why it would do this but clients try to connect and are given the "password is incorrect" message. So my only fix so far is to reboot the AP using cloud.sophos.com. The problem here, though, is that it's not a fix and the problem will resurface in a day or two.

The APs in question never have more than about 15 users connected so I cannot see them being overloaded. In fact, these problems first arose when the building was still under construction. Why would the APs, with constant connection to the cloud, have issues with their own provisioning?

I've not had this issue with any other product... and when I reached out to support, they told me there is no problem. My next course of action will be to move the APs to be controlled by the XG instead of the cloud. Hopefully this will bring some better reliability.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
  • Hi Ankit,

I do have a ticket number that is the same problem but for a different location than the one I started this thread. Originally, support said there was no problem but there clearly is a problem with APs somehow forgetting their SSID settings or losing their configs until reboot. On May 6 when I made this thread, I had to reboot the AP a couple of times in one day due to the same issue. Luckily, the issue hasn't returned since May 6.

Here's the other ticket: [#8842797]

• Hello

I had a look at given ticket ID, not much information logged into it.

If you still having similar issue or have any issues with APX then let me know. We yet not received similar issues from field for APX.

We are closely monitoring issues for APX and product management team has visibility on it.

• Here are two more tickets. Two different sites. Same problem with different SSIDs.

8859436 - SSID working right now... support has no updates

8868844 - another SSID not working... support has no response yet

I hate to say it but I think I will just pay the $$$ to Meraki as we haven't had these problems.