This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Printer on a wireless network for guest users

There is a guest wireless network deployed in the office. Guests need to fill out forms when they enter the office and management would like them to be able to print them out when complete. I configured a printer on the guest network but when I went to test the device, I cannot find it.

What wireless setting may be the cause of this? Possible cause? Please help understand
MAC Filtering?
Fast BSS?
Client Isolation?
Hidden SSID?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi,

Below information might help you understand different wireless features.

-> "MAC Filtering" stops the client from communicating to the network when added to the blacklist. If the MAC address is not added to the blacklist, then client should communicate properly.

-> "Fast BSS" doesn't stop client from communicating. It enhances the Roaming of the clients between Access Points.

-> Client Isolation will not allow client communicating to other "Wireless" client provided both clients are connected to same access point.

-> The SSID will not be visible in the scan list when "Hidden SSID" is enabled. This doesnt mean client will not be able to connect. When the SSID is configured on the client, it will connect to client even if it is made as hidden.

May I know if the clients and printer are in different VLANs?

Are you able to ping printer from client?

Does the printer and client support Bonjour protocol?

Regards,

-Sathwik

• Hi,

Below information might help you understand different wireless features.

-> "MAC Filtering" stops the client from communicating to the network when added to the blacklist. If the MAC address is not added to the blacklist, then client should communicate properly.

-> "Fast BSS" doesn't stop client from communicating. It enhances the Roaming of the clients between Access Points.

-> Client Isolation will not allow client communicating to other "Wireless" client provided both clients are connected to same access point.

-> The SSID will not be visible in the scan list when "Hidden SSID" is enabled. This doesnt mean client will not be able to connect. When the SSID is configured on the client, it will connect to client even if it is made as hidden.

May I know if the clients and printer are in different VLANs?

Are you able to ping printer from client?

Does the printer and client support Bonjour protocol?

Regards,

-Sathwik

Children
No Data