This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

sophos ap 15 access point

Dear Team

please help me to clear below customer question.

1. how many users are supported in Sophos AP 15?

2. when we buy AP 15 it includes POE injector?

3. is that possible to manage AP 15 with Sophos central? if yes then is there any additional license required or we have to only but AP 15?

our company recently joined in Sophos partner family. please help me to place the solution for customer with AP 15.

Regards

Mahesh.p.Mohan 

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Mahesh,

Welcome to the Sophos Partner Community!

Below are my responses to your questions:

A. This would depend on the usage scenario in your environment. The type of device and type of application being used will affect the number of devices which can be connected and still get good performance. There is no fixed limited.

We would recommend the APX 120 over the AP 15: newer standard, dual radio, better performance. The AP 15 is an older model which only supports 802.11n.

This is our guidance regarding the number of client for our APX models:

A: POE injectors need to be ordered separately for all access points. The AP 15 does include a multi-region power supply, but as mentioned above, I would recommend that you purchase the APX 120 instead.

3. is that possible to manage AP 15 with Sophos central? if yes then is there any additional license required or we have to only but AP 15?

A: All AP and APX Series access points can be managed in Sophos Central, on XG Firewall and in Sophos UTM (SG, from v9.7)

• For Sophos Central, a subscription per AP is required
    • For XG Firewall, the license is included in the purchase price of the appliance as part of the Base License.
    • For SG UTM, the license is on a per appliance basis and is included either in FullGuard/FullGuard Plus or is available as a separate subscription.

I would suggest that you get in contact with your local Sophos team or distributor for further guidance. They can advise you regarding the next steps and check the required access point is certified for your region.

Further information about our Wireless products is also available on the Sophos Partner Portal

Best regards

Barbara

• Hi Mahesh,

Welcome to the Sophos Partner Community!

Below are my responses to your questions:

A. This would depend on the usage scenario in your environment. The type of device and type of application being used will affect the number of devices which can be connected and still get good performance. There is no fixed limited.

We would recommend the APX 120 over the AP 15: newer standard, dual radio, better performance. The AP 15 is an older model which only supports 802.11n.

This is our guidance regarding the number of client for our APX models:

A: POE injectors need to be ordered separately for all access points. The AP 15 does include a multi-region power supply, but as mentioned above, I would recommend that you purchase the APX 120 instead.

A: All AP and APX Series access points can be managed in Sophos Central, on XG Firewall and in Sophos UTM (SG, from v9.7)

• For Sophos Central, a subscription per AP is required
    • For XG Firewall, the license is included in the purchase price of the appliance as part of the Base License.
    • For SG UTM, the license is on a per appliance basis and is included either in FullGuard/FullGuard Plus or is available as a separate subscription.

I would suggest that you get in contact with your local Sophos team or distributor for further guidance. They can advise you regarding the next steps and check the required access point is certified for your region.

Further information about our Wireless products is also available on the Sophos Partner Portal

Best regards

Barbara

Children
No Data