This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Getting the Guest Hotspot To Work Correctly

I currently have a Sophos UTM220 and an AP30, i'm trying to get the AP30 to broadcast two separate SSID's one for a password protected network and one for the guest network which will be open. My Sophos UTM220 is running in bridged mode with web filtering set to full transparent mode. So this is what i've tried so far to do to get this to work:

• Setup both the password protected and open (guest network) on VLANS which didn't work
  • Plug a separate ethernet connection from the router into the firewall and setup another interface which also didn't work

Any help to solve this would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Patrick.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi Patrick,

I am sure you have configured most of the parts for this setup and I think you are stuck at the point when the Users are not able to get the IP address from the AP.

Make sure you have the DHCP server setup for the Wireless Interfaces, if Guest Network is defined to work on a Separate Zone then add the Virtual Interface in Interfaces section and define a DHCP server for the interface. Finally, 3 things to check,

1. Add Wireless network to DNS allowed network list.
    2. Add a Masquerade rule to MASQ wireless network traffic. 
    3. Firewall Rule, Wireless Networks to WAN.

If that is not the scenario, please describe the issue. 

Thanks.

Sachin Gurung
    Team Lead | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.