Sophos Home pinning CPU at 100%

Brand new Inspiron 5000 with Windows 10 Pro, 8GB Ram. All applications closed with Sophos Home installed.

The CPU is regularly rising to 100% with the Sophos Anti-Virus service showing up as the top CPU user in Resource Monitor. This still occurs even if I have just run a scan.

Is there anything I can do to give this service a lower CPU priority or are there other setting I can tweak?

Cheers,

Ian

• Hi McMAC, 

Could you please post the snapshot of the task manager and sorted with high to low CPU usage. 

• In reply to Aditya Patel:

After several reboots, the pinned 100% CPU seems to have settled down. Here you can see it is still dominating the tasks (no user initiated scan underway - fresh reboot nothing else open).

• In reply to McMac:

Hi McMac ,

It would seem that our AV has scanned some files which could be compressed, could you provide us the list of Disk accessed by Savservice.exe, as mentioned below.

Image attached - (though the CPU/DISK are currently not pinned).

Cheers,

Ian

Spoke too soon, the CPU is at 100% again with Sophos dominating the task manager. It is interesting to note that Superfetch has joined in the party.  This latop has 8GB of memory, is this sufficient for Sophos Home or could there be an excessive amount of page swapping going on? 

• In reply to McMac:

Hi McMac,

Please post the logs for C:\ProgramData\Sophos\Sophos Anti-Virus\logs

SAV.txt - files 

Thanks for all your help. I have ended up returning the laptop as it had other (non-related) issues. This thread can be closed.

Ian