We'd love to hear about it! Click here to go to the product suggestion community
My OS is macOS Sierra v 10.12.6 (I expect that I will upgrade to High Sierra over the next few months). I currently use Sophos Anti Virus but am considering changing to Sophos Home. I have some general questions where I would be grateful for some help/advice.
1) According to the Sophos blog posting https://community.sophos.com/products/sophos-home/b/blog/posts/sophos-home-support-for-macos-high-sierra-10-13---secure-kernel-extension-loading Sophos Home is compatible with MacOS High Sierra - is this blog authoritative and therefore correct??
2) If I want to change from Sophos Anti Virus to Sophos Home is the best process as follows:
2) If I want to change from Sophos Anti Virus to Sophos Home is the best process as follows:,
Ans: Once you login onto Sophos Home, you may simply add device > download the installer.
3) If uninstalling Sophos Anti Virus with the built in Uninstaller are there any residual Sophos files to remove??
Ans: No need to remove any residue files as it should be removed using the installer.
4) Does Sophos Home also have a built in Uninstaller??
Ans: Removal tool will be presented in App list
Ans: the page would detect the OS you are using e.g. Windows , Mac , IOS and android The browser would send such info of the type and the installer would be downloaded accordingly. At the moment, Windows and MAC are compatible. Others would give an error.
Ans: There is an alternative feature which should be available according to our roadmap would be a "Quick Scan". That would scan and would skip backups and compressed files.
7) On the Sophos Home web site there is mention of Sophos Home Premium. Then (to the extent that anybody on this Support Forum knows):
In reply to Aditya Patel:
Thanks for your responses. However some of your answers require clarification, viz (numbering as per my original post):
1) Is Sophos Home compatible with MacOS Sierra??
2) When I go to Sophos Home Account there is no “Add Device”. There is download Mac Installer. Are these the same thing??
If Mac Installer is downloaded and installed, what links installation to Sophos Home account??
6) In Sophos Home does a Full Scan include or exclude (a) Items on local network (eg on NAS on LAN); and/or (b) items on HDD’s attached to Mac via USB??
When is Quick Scan expected to be added to Sophos Home??
7) When is Sophos Home Premium for Mac expected to be released??
Thanks for your help.
In reply to Adam Rogers:
Ans: Yes, compatible with both Sierra and High Sierra
Yes, that is the first system added.
Ans: This process is automatic - a customized version of the installer with specific settings is generated to link to the cloud account on install.
6) In Sophos Home does a Full Scan include or exclude (a) Items on the local network (eg on NAS on LAN); and/or (b) items on HDD’s attached to Mac via USB??
Ans: Yes. However, it does not apply to right-click scan (if scanning specific files and folders) on the mac. So you can add any files or folders he does not want to be scanned to the list, they would be excluded so long he is running a full scan.
We expect early 2018, however ultimately when the feature is in the best form.
Ans: early 2018
Thanks for your responses. One of your answers require clarification, viz (numbering as per my original post):
Does your answer “yes” mean that a Full Scan includes or exclude (a) Items on local network (eg on NAS on LAN); and/or (b) items on HDD’s attached to Mac via USB??
You state “they would be excluded so long he is running a full scan”. However, in the Sophos Home help page: https://home.sophos.com/help#hs-section-2-0 under “File and Folder Exceptions” it specifically states “Note: Exceptions do not apply to full scans or on-demand scans. Exceptions only apply to on-access scans. On-demand exceptions work for PC, not Mac.
This seems to contradict the statement in your post??
NB: I have a Mac.
Again, many thanks for your help.
Aditya Patel: I would be very grateful if you would answer my last post.
Hi Adam ,
This content on Help page needs to be updated. If you right click scan then exceptions would not work otherwise it would work.
OK. That helps. But you still have not answered the question as follows:
Does a Full Scan (with the default settings i.e. no exclusions) include or exclude (a) Items on local network (eg on NAS on LAN); and/or (b) items on HDD’s attached to Mac via USB??
Could you please answer this question.
Still looking for an answer to my last post??
Still looking for an answer to my post on 12 October??