Sophos Email customers using IP-based mailflow rule connectors must migrate to certificate-based configuration by March 31st. To see if you're affected Click Here.

This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Moving from on-premises Exchange 2010 to cloud. Wanted to export all configuration

Hello Everyone,

One of our customers uses Sophos Central Advanced Email Gateway with an on-premises Exchange 2010 server and we have Sophos AD Sync enabled and running. We are about to migrate the customer to Office 365.
I am looking for Azure AD Sync with Azure AD data that has been imported from a local AD. This will be our scenario as all the users are currently synced using Azure AD Connect. In addition, I cannot see any facility within Sophos Central to disable AD Sync and implement Azure AD Sync in its place anyway.
This customer has a lot of staff changes, distribution list updates and mailbox permission changes. It is not viable to manually add/update mailboxes in Sophos Central each time a change is made in Exchange online.

Really appreciate for the help.

Thank You

Edited tags
[edited by: Raphael Alganes at 2:53 AM (GMT -7) on 8 Jun 2023]
Parents
  • Hi Morris,

Looking at the Central AD Sync FAQ KB it looks like you'll need to delete all objects and raise a case with Sophos Support.

Can I replace the on premise AD sync Utility tool with the Azure AD sync capability?
    While it is not possible to convert from one to the other, it is possible to switch if you first delete all of the existing AD objects (users, groups, folders) prior to switching AD Sync tools.

• Disable the AD Sync tool/client to prevent importing users and mailboxes
    • Remove all existing users and mailboxes before syncing with Azure
    • Uninstall all of their Sophos endpoint software before the switch and then reinstall after the switch
    • Raise a Technical Support case with details/confirmation the above steps have been completed, and that you would like to request Engineering to Reset AD tasks.
  • Hi Morris,

Looking at the Central AD Sync FAQ KB it looks like you'll need to delete all objects and raise a case with Sophos Support.

Can I replace the on premise AD sync Utility tool with the Azure AD sync capability?
    While it is not possible to convert from one to the other, it is possible to switch if you first delete all of the existing AD objects (users, groups, folders) prior to switching AD Sync tools.

• Disable the AD Sync tool/client to prevent importing users and mailboxes
    • Remove all existing users and mailboxes before syncing with Azure
    • Uninstall all of their Sophos endpoint software before the switch and then reinstall after the switch
    • Raise a Technical Support case with details/confirmation the above steps have been completed, and that you would like to request Engineering to Reset AD tasks.
Children
No Data