This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Mail Server integration to SEA

Hi!

How SEA / SEG  will filter all in/outbound email? Do i need to setup an smtp connector or some kind of a relay in my Mail Server?

Please share information about the integration of Mail Server to SEA.

Thank!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi  

You should find that on pages 18-20 on this Sophos Email Appliance Configuration Guide and on your Internal Email server you should configure a connector for outgoing Emails to send email through Email Appliance.

In case you want to explore more, please refer to this SEA guide.

Regards

Jaydeep

• Hi Jaydeep,

Please be specific.. what do we need to do in mail server in order for the IN/OUT mail traffic goes to SEA. I know all those information in the guide you provided and focus on in SEA, but my question is..

How will the MS Exchange Mail Server forwards the IN/OUT email to SEA? What is the actual requirement for the Mail Server?

• Hi  

For that, you will need to specify the SMTP connector on Exchange that sends emails to SEA and you will also need an SMTP relay connector on Exchange to receive email only from SEA. Regarding how to add an SMTP connector, you can check that on the MS Exchange document.

Regards

Jaydeep

• Hi Jaydeep,

Thank you for that answer but still i did not see in which part of the SEA guide it is mentioned.  Creating an SMTP connector should be included in the SEA Guide as pre-deployment requirements list, so the client will know that they have  to do some configuration on their part.  Yes we can configure SEA, but once we place the appliance on their network, will the mail server talk to SEA automatically without any smtp connector? offcourse not.  My point here is, Integration of two devices or machine should be properly documented so we know what are the requirement for both sides.

Thank you!

Manuel