Sophos Email customers using IP-based mailflow rule connectors must migrate to certificate-based configuration by March 31st. To see if you're affected Click Here.

This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Restrict delivery to Sophos IP addresses

Under the Restrict delivery to Sophos IP address, no additional instruction was given to complete configuration properly. I recently set up my email gateway on Sophos central. After that, I didn't receive an inbound delivery. I can only send an email but not receive. A Sophos tech notified me I need to restrict delivery to Sophos IP address. Please, any suggestion?

Henry

Added tags
[edited by: Raphael Alganes at 9:37 AM (GMT -7) on 12 May 2023]
  • Lets wrap up.

Inbound:

MX Technology. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MX_record

A Sender will lookup your MX Record and send the mail to this record. 

This MX should only be/point to Central. 

Central will take this email, scan it and deliver it to the "next hop". Next hop:

Central will use the "Sophos Delivery IPs" to send you the Emails in this step. 

So basically you need to configure those IPs in your Mail server / exchange / etc. to accept all Mails from those IP addresses, no matter what. 

Outbound:

Mail generated by your Mail Server / exchange etc. will be send to the out bound Relay Host.

Central will accept those emails, and deliver those emails to the proper next hop. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________