Sophos Email customers using IP-based mailflow rule connectors must migrate to certificate-based configuration by March 31st. To see if you're affected Click Here.

This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos Central Email needs to get better

Hi guys,

We're old-fashioned but excellent on the day to day, Sophos Email Appliance - Currently we've moved to Sophos Central to one of our customers. It's a large customer and there are two basic things we're missing A LOT:

1) The ability to manage quarantine, logs, etc. with MORE than 50 emails at a time. Please, try to manage Quarantine with 800 emails there and do a normal job.. It wastes lots of time. With SEA, you can select *which* emails in the quarantine you want to take a look at (for instance, the ones coming from someone@acme.com) and then select them all at ONCE and release them.. You can't do this with SCE. From my point of view this is quite urgent.

2) In SCE you can add a server IP address to a blacklist, but it's not possible to add an IP address into a Whitelist. WHY? - Could you please do this too!!??

3) Also, when setting up a domain in Sophos Central, if there's a delay in DNS propagation you need to wait in Sophos Central wizard until they update.. Wouldn't it be nice if the wizard would let me continue working on the setup and retry the Domain ownership checking later, as Cloudflare does with domain names, for instance?

Keep up the good work and I hope to see a much better SCE soon!

Added tags
[edited by: Raphael Alganes at 5:46 AM (GMT -7) on 8 Jun 2023]
Parents
  • I do agree they need to add white-listing but I am wondering what your thoughts are on it in general.  You see I originally had a sister company white listed, I know their admin and I know things are setup correctly there, however one poor user got there account compromised.  The attacker basically used their account to send out a bunch of malicious emails that would have been flagged had I not white-listed them.  So really I wonder lately if it is worth white-listing a domain or IP address?  Just thought I would throw it in here to see your thoughts.  

Respectfully, 

Badrobot

• Yes, I understand, but in this case, there are some internal web / warehouse APPs sending emails via "permitted" relays.. We'd need to whitelist these server IP addresses, for instance.. 

Reply Children
No Data