This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Notifications in IOS/ backgroud refresh of SMC

Hi ,

I have read a few threads about this , and seen the Sophos response explaining how apple restrict background refresh.  But the email app never refreshes itself even when just sent to background & SMC basically stops syncing if you swipe it off the screen. 

Now I understand the theory behind the "Apple Restrictions", but why does it only seem to apply to Sophos ? I have notifications from many apps on my phone that I have not opened for ages, but they are still able to send push notifications.  End users are missing important notifications, so we are having to move them back to the native apps and forgo the containers. Has anyone ever had a full explanation on when this will be resolved ? I have just lost business to another MSP & Air watch because of this. 

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply
  • Hi ,

Already done all they can say is that it is a limitation to the apps on IOS. but let me put in in perspective.

The Native mail app notifies in background , does not need to be left running in background. But Outlook is the same all works perfectly.  But wih Sophos , none of it works. This is a real problem for partners trying to sell the product.

Children