This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

No Tamper Protection password - Single user- Mac

Help please, I have a downloaded version of Sophos Central Endpoint for my Mac, (I am a single business user) and am trying to uninstall, and its asking for the Tamper Protection Password.  How do I get this? thanks

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi Sue Allen, 

On a computer managed by Sophos Central

Retrieve the default Tamper Protection password from Sophos Central before performing this procedure.

• Login to Sophos Central Admin.
    • Go to Computers and select the system you want to retrieve the Tamper Protection password for.
    • In the computer details overview screen, click View details from the Tamper Protection section.
    • Select Show Password and make a note of this password.

Locally on a Mac computer

• Open the Sophos Anti-Virus Preferences.
    • Click the padlock and Sophos icon and in the dialog box enter the tamper protection password.
    • Click OK.

Note: Tamper Protection can only be disabled using this method to allow changes to be made to the local Sophos configuration. It cannot be disabled permanently. Sophos Central will automatically enable Tamper Protection after two hours.

Please refer Sophos Endpoint: How to disable Tamper Protection for more details.

Regards,

Gowtham Mani
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support

Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.