This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How do i uninstal Sophos

Hi,

We are going to uninstall Sophos on 160 PC clients.

Is there any place in the Sophos Central management to remove service from Computers?

Or do i have to go into each computer to uninstall it?

I tried on a few computers, and the computers have to be on the the network.
It keeps nagging for a MSI file on the server.

How can i easy get around this?

Thanks

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi Daniel, 

Unfortunately, there is no option to uninstall the clients from the Central Console. However, You can run a script to uninstall the Clients.

Before you run the script, please ensure that the Tamper protection is disabled on all the systems (Tamper Protection can be disabled from the global settings). Please refer to the article Sophos Central for Windows: How to uninstall using command line or batch file create an uninstall batch file and deploy the script to the client machines. Let me know if this helps resolve your query.

Haridoss Sreenivasan
    Technical Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• Thanks for the answer.

I have now made a batch file for uninstall, and this works great on computers that are still on the same network as were the installer was.

But for those computers that dont have access to the server, they get a message saying that it cant find the msiexec.

How can i easy redirect this file to another location? on the new server or local.

can i add something to this lines saying where the file is?

"C:\Program Files\Sophos\Endpoint Defense\uninstall.exe" /uninstall /quiet

MsiExec.exe /X{66967E5F-43E8-4402-87A4-04685EE5C2CB} /qn REBOOT=ReallySuppress

//Daniel