This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos Endpoint Protection generating 100s of Events

Since installing the Sophos Endpoint Agent on computers the Windows Event Security log is filling with over a hundred events per minute.  The Audit Failure is event is ID 5152: The Windows Filtering Platform has blocked a packet.  I've looked at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/device-security/auditing/event-5152

A few things:

1. Why doesn't the Sophos agent show any events, errors, warnings, etc?

2. Microsoft is saying to monitor the source folders to see if bad things are happening.  This is in the XML and with the plethora of events almost impossible to review.

3. Even if I can ignore the events, they're still causing the logs to rollover every day or so

Is anyone else seeing this behavior?  What do I need to do to make this stop filling the event logs?  Is Sophos really blocking packets and not reporting it in the console or agent?

Thank  you.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Just noticed the same thing here.  I'm even seeing it on a machine that I uninstalled the software on, but it must have left something that's causing all the Audit Failures to pile up.  Not seeing it on same exact machine that never had Sophos / SC installed.

• Just noticed the same thing here.  I'm even seeing it on a machine that I uninstalled the software on, but it must have left something that's causing all the Audit Failures to pile up.  Not seeing it on same exact machine that never had Sophos / SC installed.

Children
No Data