This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Services stopped and unable to restart.

I have been running into services that have stopped unexpectedly, especially Hitman pro, and I am unable to restart them.  I have logged in with full domain access, disabled tamper protection and still receive errors.  The most recent error is 1067 when trying to restart Hitman Pro, which is set to Automatic.  Any insight? I'm not finding the self-help articles very helpful.  

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • I would suggest:

1. Take a look at: C:\ProgramData\HitmanPro.Alert\Logs\Sophos.log, anything helpful there when you attempt to start the service?

2. Run Process Monitor while attempting to start the service. 

1067 = "The process terminated unexpectedly." 
    Do you see a "Process Exit" operation for the hmpalert.exe process?  Note: The service hmpalert.exe has a "Command line" of "C:\Program Files (x86)\HitmanPro.Alert\hmpalert.exe" /service
    For the "Process Exit", does the value in the Detail offer more insight?  What is it?

3. Compare the Process Monitor Log of the failing startup, against a Process Monitor Log of a working computer of the same OS.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Jak

• Hey Jak

Thanks for the reply.  It was a silly oversight on our side.  My credentials were "cleaned up" inappropriately...