This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

HitmanPro.Alert 3.6.9 Causes Exploit Detection Non Compliance

After Sophos updated the version of HitmanProAlert  to version 3.6.9, All of my PC's are getting Exploit Detection Non Compliant alerts. After exactly two hours in this state they then go into compliance for 30 minutes and then repeat this process. Sophos Support says its an issue where the HitmanPro service is shutting down before the Management Communication System Service which is causing the trigger. They have yet to figure out how to fix this issue. Is anyone else seeing this issue? Does anyone have any suggestions of how to fix?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • I have been experiencing that too.  Very frustrating.  I thought Sophos Central would make things a lot easier to manage.  Not the case.  I've put in more phone calls in less than a year than I had my prior six years not being on Sophos Central.   Has anyone received an ETA on a fix?  Does it mean that  HMP is not working on the PCs that are generating that message.

• I have been experiencing that too.  Very frustrating.  I thought Sophos Central would make things a lot easier to manage.  Not the case.  I've put in more phone calls in less than a year than I had my prior six years not being on Sophos Central.   Has anyone received an ETA on a fix?  Does it mean that  HMP is not working on the PCs that are generating that message.

Children
  • I completely feel the same way. Ever since I started this migration over from Sophos On-Premise to Sophos Central, it has been a nightmare that I wish I could take back. I started this project at my company, hoping for greater things and all it has been is very frustrating nights of pain errors after errors. I am the same way, I had never had to call Sophos as much as I am doing now.

One Sophos tech just responded with the following:

Please Enabling a diagnostic message trail of Sophos MCS as per below KB on one machine and acknowledge the error and send it to me after issue happened again.

Not sure what that means, but I will have them call me and see what update I can provide for all of us having this issue.