This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Updating failed because WindowsCloudClean is missing

I'm seeing this with a few desktops where it is not updating because of this error.  I've searched the web and knowledgebase and not finding any reference to this.  Has anyone run into it?  This is running on Sophos Central using the Sophos Advanced Endpoint with InterceptX.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • We've run into the exactly same problem. 

• We are a Partner. One of our clients is reporting the same problem, but currently not on all of their PCs. Same scenario, problem seemed to start at around 18:30 last night.

• OKay, we have another client with exactly the same issue, theirs started at around 17:45 last night.

• I am experiencing the same problem --  followed the instructions on the Sophos Endpoint Self Help - Update 125464 - And I am still having problems - Created a SophServ ticket and waiting for a response.

• Forwarding message I received from another user --

+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

Hello William , 

Just to let you know that all my PC's now seem to be updating without any issues. I'm still waiting for a good response from Sophos , but they seem more baffled than us at the moment. 

But , maybe this is a huge coincidence , maybe not,  I received an upgrade firmware version for my Sophos UTM Firewall . Installing this firmware and rebooting the firewall seems to have done the trick! But like I said , maybe its a coincidence! 

Just wanted to let you know as maybe it can help you.

+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

My response --

Hello

Glad to hear that -- I have been wanting to do the FW upgrade on my Sophos UTM Firewall -- I performed the update and i am no current on both of my appliances to 9.504-1.   I hope that will help.  As of this email I am still waiting to hear from Sophos -- last friday they wanted to work with me today.  I am pretty frustrated with their response and will be talking to my Account manager about this.

Keep posted for updates.

**** UPDATE as of 20:09 PST *****

All of my PC's are now updated as well -- It appears that the FW upgrade to my UTM Firewall resolved the issue.   Still waiting to hear from Sophos

Hope this helps

Regards

• Hi Guys,

We now have 3 clients with this issue. One is sitting behind a Sophos UTM the other 2 are not.

We installed on a clean PC behind a "simple" BTHomeHub and got the same issue.

The client with the UTM is on 9.503, it may be worth upgrading to 9.504 and see if it changes anything, we have been waiting for a few days to install this update just in case of issues, and there seem to be a few on the community blog.

R

• we have nearly 70 users with the issue. Not behind a UTM or XG, waiting over a month for Sophos.