This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Device is inactive (2+weeks)

Hi all,

I have quiet a few machines in Sophos Central where the Last Sophos Central Activity is showing as 3 months.

The machine is in a healthy state - all services are running including the MCS client. 

Anyone come across this issue before and know what would be causing this?

I thought i'd the question here as supposed to calling support (who can't seem to do anything without a SDU which is not always easy to obtain from a users machine).

Thanks,

Jay

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi  

Could you help with the status of one such client with a screenshot. Please open the Client UI > About (Right bottom corner) >Run Diagnostic Tool.

Check if anything that needs attention.

Regards,

Gowtham Mani
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support

Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• I shall get this over when I get a chance. The annoying thing is that we need to remote to the users machine just to see if anything needs attention - the console should be doing this...after all it is the whole point of having a console.

• I agree, this is a show stopper.

We as IT Admin, CANNOT take over a Users PC to grab bloody log files for Sophos to look at. Central should do this. ( I needed to start grabbing log files a mere two weeks after deployment because of the utter disappointment this software is)

They are waiting for log files from me from two weeks ago, and I keep telling them I cannot do this as the USER is USING the PC.

Imagine that.....the USER is USING the PC......therefore I cannot take over to suck some stupid log files out.

Unless Sophos can build a better product, this is un-usable software. Looks like I paid a lot of money to Babysit.

Also..when installing the Full Windows Agent, and although this may only take 10-15 min, the issue is: The PC is completely Useless until this install is finished. Cannot open a folder, and website, nadda. Totally at the mercy of Sophos. Another thorn in this prickly bush.

Why not just have the agent trickle in to the PC not HOG the whole goddam CPU....hello??

And one more thing. had a notice of Agent update and to send it off to the "Test" machine. I did that this AM. 6 hours later, agent it still NOT updated. When shall I check it...after Xmas 2020??

Does this Console actually do anything other than report how useless this software is??

• I agree, this is a show stopper.

We as IT Admin, CANNOT take over a Users PC to grab bloody log files for Sophos to look at. Central should do this. ( I needed to start grabbing log files a mere two weeks after deployment because of the utter disappointment this software is)

They are waiting for log files from me from two weeks ago, and I keep telling them I cannot do this as the USER is USING the PC.

Imagine that.....the USER is USING the PC......therefore I cannot take over to suck some stupid log files out.

Unless Sophos can build a better product, this is un-usable software. Looks like I paid a lot of money to Babysit.

Also..when installing the Full Windows Agent, and although this may only take 10-15 min, the issue is: The PC is completely Useless until this install is finished. Cannot open a folder, and website, nadda. Totally at the mercy of Sophos. Another thorn in this prickly bush.

Why not just have the agent trickle in to the PC not HOG the whole goddam CPU....hello??

And one more thing. had a notice of Agent update and to send it off to the "Test" machine. I did that this AM. 6 hours later, agent it still NOT updated. When shall I check it...after Xmas 2020??

Does this Console actually do anything other than report how useless this software is??

Children