This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos Central blocking https://login.microsoftonline.com' due to category 'Spyware'

Hi,

We had Office 365 services unavailable all day and have just figured out Sophos Central was incorrectly blocking login.microsoftonline.com' due to category 'Spyware' .

Just thought I'd mention it in case anyone else was having the same issue.

I've just manually updated the signatures on a computer and it's not resolved.

Anyone know how I can force update all the clients? I can't see how to do this from the console.

Is there a command line I can throw at all the computers with my own systems management tool?

Thanks

Damien

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi  

The reported site is now re-categorized and it shouldn't be blocked anymore. If you still see the issue appearing , please try clearing the browser caches and then retry it.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Gowtham Mani
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support

Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• What processes are in place to prevent such an issue impacting customers again?  Blocking MS meant our staff couldn't work the entire time.  It's a big screw up, please address what happened, how the site was mistakenly added, and what process is in place to prevent issues like this.  Just saying "we fixed it" isn't enough.  I have management to answer to and explain the tickets we got and loss of production were caused by Sophos.  

Seriously, the lackadaisical Sophos attitude when their mistakes impact customer production is unacceptable.   We need to know what happened and what is done to prevent it from happening again.  We can't just "oh well, guess that happened!  Hope it doesn't happen again!" our way through these Sophos problems.  

• I myself would like to here some answers from management @ Sophos!

I have to explain what happened to my managers as well.

so is there any change control/management in place now ? is there any error prevention method for maybe some important site?

what if next time you block google.com?! 

what exactly has been done so far ?

• Actually, there was a point where they blocked Google (and many other) sites.  All we ever got was a mea culpa from Sophos.  No apology and clearly no long term fix.  This company needs to step up to the Enterprise level and stop failing its customers.

• Actually, there was a point where they blocked Google (and many other) sites.  All we ever got was a mea culpa from Sophos.  No apology and clearly no long term fix.  This company needs to step up to the Enterprise level and stop failing its customers.

Children
No Data