Some Sophos services are not running/missing

I have at least 20% of the computers on my network now reporting "Some Sophos services are not running/missing"

This was not the case 2 weeks ago, and invariably it is "Sophos System Protection Service is not started".

This involves a visit to that computer, pushing the user out of the way, running "Services" as administrator, which then involves typing the admin password under a user's nose.

I am sure this is not how Sophos Central is meant to work. It is highly inconvenient, and at worst liable for a security breach.

How do I start these services remotely ?

I could log in through Remote Desktop, but this would Log Out the User

• In reply to Brent Barnett:

Seen that one, and Network Threat Protection.

Jak is obviously extremely knowledgeable and I'm sure there's a technical fix for all these different instances, but the point is that it shouldn't be such hard work to keep this product in good shape.

• In reply to Mark Pimperton1:

I agree about Jak.  My issues are with sophos as a whole.  I understand there are bad builds and bugs in software, but these issues have been happening for over 4 months now.  How long does it take to fix?

• We Migrated close to 500 Clients, However around 10 % Had this Error.

We then fixed doing a remote connect to Services.msc of affected Computers. However It seems to not resolve on the  Multiple computers.

2 Major issues we are facing now

1. One or More Services are Missing 

2.FAILED TO PROTECT Error

Any Thoughts ?

• In reply to skyisbluescreen:

You're going to continue having these errors until Sophos fixes their software.  I was told a new client is coming out 11/18 after that if we see these same garbage issues we'll start getting our money back and cancelling the contract for cause.  

For the Device Control service not starting with that error this might help:

https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/13773

It is dependant on the Sophos Anti-Virus service but from the service list I can see that that is started.  I can only perhaps assume that running:
    sc query savonaccess 
    will show that the on-access driver is not running?

The Sophos Web Intelligence service can be added back by:

https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/121905

Regards
    Jak

• In reply to jak:

Another Windows Update, another week of fixing this issue.  ARGH!!

• In reply to David Laufnick:

Well SO Many Roll Outs so Very Often.. You Work on the Previous Bugs and there is a New Update knocking with its own Bag of Bugs...

Here is just a fraction of some of the "bad" agents status I have at the moment...

What is going on with this product? This is madness. I've literally spent hours fixing these things and they break all over again. 

Missing Services:

Reporting Malware Incorrectly 

Completely not responding anymore (Have about 4 of these, need to be completely uninstalled and reinstalled)