This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Device Encryption Service randomly not starting/stopping on multiple endpoints since last week's outages?

Hello all.

Since last week's outage debacle, I've seen multiple random endpoints suddenly report that the device encryption service is not starting.

There seems to be no rhyme or reason to the timing (not when starting up, after restart, etc.).  Seems possibly related to policy push issues.

Sophos support asked me to remove policies from affected devices, remove endpoints, reinstall endpoints, reapply policies. I have not opted to do this as it is not a viable solution and really wouldn't not solve underlying issues with the central cloud services not pushing out policies in the first place.

Generally I've used PSEXEC to remotely start the service and the affected clients don't seem to be popping back up again after that, but still it's getting annoying.

Have any of you encountered this as of late? Any particular data points/extrapolation you've found (patterns like time of day, etc.)?

Lastly, is this all going to be a continuing issue with Sophos. I am in charge of maintaining Sophos on multiple endpoints, and trying to deploy policies, reinstall Cloud Web Gateway...I thought this product was designed to assist with reducing management loads for endpoints, not increase them?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
No Data