This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Issues with server protection on file server

Has anyone seen any issues with Sophos Central on file servers? 

We moved from on the on premises version of Sophos to the Sophos Cloud version.  When I updated our main file servers we started running into an issue where a server would stop serving files after a while (a few hours on the most active one/two weeks on another).  When on the desktop of the server everything seems fine. No CPU/memory/disk issue, \\server\share works fine locally.  

Remotely \\server\share just hangs for 30+ seconds until the connection times out.   Nothing seems to get the server running again except rebooting the whole thing.  It will then work fine for a while then break.   I can't find anything the event log or Sophos logging to point me in the direction of what is breaking.  

After I uninstalled Sophos on the busiest server the issue hasn't returned.  

Has anyone run into anything similar? 

I do have a ticket created with support.  At this point they just want me to test disabling features one by one until I can narrow the problem down.  I am trying to recreate the issue without needing actual users traffic.  I personally suspect the Cryptoguard (Intercept X?) since that is the part that is also causing us grief on the client side.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • We are having the same issue on a Server 2008R2 file server. It must have been an update from Sophos that triggered it because it was running fine until a week ago.  We were able to remote into the server, but the users were unable to access the shares. There were no Cryptoguard or Sophos Av errors in the logs.  Rebooting the server cleared the issue for a few hours but ultimately the issue returned.  We removed Sophos AV entirely yesterday and 24 hours later the server is still running good.  We will reinstall the AV and disable the Cryptogard function and hope for the best.  On the client side, we have about 60 computers (Win 10 and Win7) so far that become unusable after enabling Intercept-X.  We spent many hours on the phone with support but it is clear that the support team is not familiar enough with intercept-x to support it.  I have a request for a refund of the advanced portion of our licensing because it is causing us so many random problems.  Maybe in another year it will be ready.

• Hi Steve,

I would like to understand why you are seeing these issues. Please send me a PM if you are able to spend a little time with me to try and resolve your issue.

Regards,

Stephen

Reply Children
No Data