This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Anybody else suffering with slow policy updates & Sluggish Sophos Central Dashboard

For the second time in the last month I'm having issues with policy updates taking longer than normal to apply, the Sophos Central Dashboard is also very sluggish, taking much longer than normal to load pages and in some instances not loading at all when trying to filer clients.

Steve

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • I'm encountering the same issues yet again, this is becoming a farce, dashboard is taking much longer to load that it should, when moving between pages (devices) each page takes over 10 seconds to load, when you are trying to investigate nearly 200 'reported' out of date clients this is ridiculous.

When I do go to the device page in question it shows as no communication for over 2 weeks but checking on the client it shows as last update within the last few hours, why on earth are we still seeing these issues?

When can we expect to see an actual resolution to these on-going issues?

• I'm encountering the same issues yet again, this is becoming a farce, dashboard is taking much longer to load that it should, when moving between pages (devices) each page takes over 10 seconds to load, when you are trying to investigate nearly 200 'reported' out of date clients this is ridiculous.

When I do go to the device page in question it shows as no communication for over 2 weeks but checking on the client it shows as last update within the last few hours, why on earth are we still seeing these issues?

When can we expect to see an actual resolution to these on-going issues?

Children
  • Devices page now not loading at all just getting the circle of death!

Been like this for 10 minutes

• Try clearing your cache or run in a "Private" (Firefox) or Incognito (Chrome) session and see if you get the same issue. There were not reported issues today with Sophos Central (http://centralstatus.sophos.com). 

• I've tried on 2 different PCs using a variety of browsers with the same results each time, unfortunately even if that was the case I don't think it would explain why devices are showing as over 15 days since last communication but each client is showing as having a very recent update (in the last few hours).

• I am experiencing  the same behavior as Steve. Very frustrating and concerning since we just migrated to Sophos with a 3 year commitment.

• So did we!  Very sad actually.  Our University is a member of CLAC and several have asked about encryption and who to recommend.  I would really love to recommend Sophos but not as impressed at the moment.  I understand things happen but two weeks is a bit too long since we are right smack in the middle of deployments.  Not only Sophos reputation on the line but mine as well.  I recommended it to our Campus. :(

• I am getting this problem. Either agents show as updated on the central admin portal , but the client is weeks/months out of date.

• I had a ticket open and had a call with support today regarding a machine always sending emails about update needed.  I noticed with him on the phone that it took 11 days for the machine to be protected.  And when I asked is this normal his response was basically what do I expect with 4 million endpoints updating at once.  If you want to get really scared set up the API log collection and review the raw logs.

• I think that's a lot of bollox to be honest. And I don't mean that's not true, I mean we are paying enterprise level costs for a service that doesn't do anything. How can we expect to have faith in a product that's design to help protect our environments when it won't even update. When the wannacry virus hit, I had senior exec confirm if our AV was up to date and protecting again this threat. I told them yes but if the product is not updating when we like, then NO. This product is going to fail audits all over the shop. Sophos need to turn this into a free to go platform because as it stands, I can't see any benefit in paying Sophos 25k plus a year for something that doesn't work plain and simple.

• Yes, Sophos need to sort this out now. I'm getting alerts all the time of policies being out of date/not being applied, real time protection disabled etc. etc. when these computers were perfectly OK yesterday. If their infrastructure can't handle the load then they must upgrade it.

At least with the 'old' on-prem Sophos endpoint solution I could tell at a glance what clients were out of date and it was always laptops that had not been connected for a while, now I just don't know what the problems are.