This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Issue: Sophos Central Admin – US-West region - Delays with the enforcement of Central policies on managed endpoints.

**Update 9** Root cause analysis KBA has been published: see knowledge base article for the latest.

**Update 8** As part of a routine database maintenance task customers may notice a few intermittent install and policy rendering failures. Please retry before contacting support. 7/17/2017 8:00 AM PST

**UPDATE 7** Some customers may notice a few intermittent install failures, please retry before contacting Sophos Support. 7/14/2017 2:00 PM PST

**UPDATE 6** Installations are being processed normally, service is restored. Please re-download installer from Central. 7/14/2017 9:00 AM PST

**UPDATE 5** Installations are now working as of July 13, 2017 19:00 UTC-5. See knowledge base article for the latest.

**UPDATE 4** New installs likely to still fail. http://centralstatus.sophos.com/#!/ has latest update. 

**UPDATE 3** System is now processing backlogs. Please see last updates here.

**UPDATE 2** Issue is ongoing, apologies. Impacts all areas within Central that rely on MCS communication between client and Central. 7/13/2017 8:00 AM PST

**UPDATE** Development has identified root cause and is working on a fix. 

Hello,

We are seeing delays with policy changes and enforcement in Sophos Central (US-West region) as well as installation failures due to inability of new endpoint installations to initially register. Our engineers are working to restore latency. Please note your endpoints remain protected. Updates will be provided on this thread.

KBA: https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/126477

Thank you,

Bob

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • On the Sophos Central console we are seeing Scheduled Maintenance at the top of the screen and it is causing issues with our policy updates.  Was there suppose to be a schedule Maintenance?

• Can we get a copy of the schedule for maintenance?  We have also been impacted by unexpected 'scheduled' maintenance work.

• Two things:

One - we should not have to constantly check a website for this information.  Most other companies we deal with have a set schedule and they provide email notification.

Two - there is nothing to tell us when the next 'scheduled' maintenance will be.

• My Sophos Console had a banner on 9/5 noting that it was "maintenance time". I never heard anything about it a head of time so I checked the Sophos Status page. There it showed the scheduled maintenance was dated for 9/6. They're scheduled and on the status page but they aren't servicing us by proactively informing us. Instead relying on us to check the status page if we have any problems.

Sophos - Why do you make things so difficult for us? It seems like there is no communication internally at Sophos and definitely no proactive communication with us. My console was reporting maintenance the day before(9/5), then nothing on the actual day of maintenance and got kicked out of the console on 9/6. Maintenance is apart of life and systems need it, we all understand that. Systems go down, we all understand that. Unexpected difficulties come up and again, we all understand that. 
    But is it possible that a company of your size can send out a short email/notice to your affected clients when there's maintenance, an outage, new features being release, updates to certain services, literally any communication?....

• Not to jump on the bandwagon, but now that Sophos is a worldwide company covering numerous time zones something needs to be done regarding times and eta's.  If they just put a timer on the webpage so I do not have to figure out the timezone conversions would be nice.

•  The Sophos Central team is working on improvements for proactive communications. I don't have a timeframe to share yet.

The Sophos Central status page does provide information when future updates occur. You can use the arrows to scroll to a future date and under Recent Posts, there will be information about upcoming events

• So, when is the next scheduled maintenance then?  I can only go a few days in advance and it shows nothing.  Not helpful.

•  I'm confirming some dates with the Central team and also asking them to update the status page.

Reply Children