This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Average time for Cloud Web Gateway policy to update

I am curious what has been the experience of other Sophos users - what is the average time for the Cloud Web Gateway policy to update?

We have seen times where it updates site changes in minutes, but lately it takes closer to an hour or more.  Anyone else notice this?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • We see it taking around 20 minutes to update.  Really sucks for the users on shared computers that have different web policies.

• Sorry for piggy-backing this conversation,

Do you know if Sophos Web Intelegence URL checks are cached locally on the endpoint for certain period, or does Sophos do query SXL (Sophos Extensible List) every time?

Any idea on what is ib browser "warn and proceed" timeout (that is how oftern user will be warned)?

I'm experimenting with White/Black lists for specific domains and policy update time is massivelly inconsistent.

• the other month I saw this 'update' take 2 hours ...

it's a little quicker now.

XG & UTM Architect (Systems: XG v18 & UTM 9.7 - Virtual, HW & SW)
    Curious enough to take it apart, skilled enough to put it back together, Clever enough to hide the extra parts when I'm Done!