This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos Central logged in session times out WAY too soon!!

Hi. The quick log out from Sophos Central is really getting annoying - Support has been promising a fix since the system came online and as of yet NOTHING. Combined with the process of having to wait for another security code to get back in, this is becoming a major nuisance. Sometimes I am working in the customers portal and emailing them about details, licensing, account usage etc. and I get logged out. Sometimes I am in the process of navigating around the portal and I get logged out as I'm actively using it! There are days when I am managing numerous clients and I am having to re-enter the code and log back in over a dozen times. This happens to me on IE and Firefox

Please fix!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Here's one that just happened.. Tidying up client alerts and warnings - all is going well and then bam, You Have Been Successfully logged Out.. no warning, as I am actively clicking around in the users portal. This system sucks.

• And then as I am actively working with a client on the phone as I navigate their account in the portal for the 5th time today I am logged out. When i try and log back in I get this:

“Access Denied You do not have sufficient privileges to access this page. If you believe you should be able to access this page, please contact your Sophos Account Manager.”

HULK SMASH!!

• I wanted to bump this to the top and see if there are any suggestions.  This has been pretty frustrating for a long time, but seems to have got worse.  I use a Chrome extension to refresh the page for Central Admin every 2 minutes to keep it from timing out, but now thats not even working. I was just doing something in a customers dashboard and while I was actively working I clicked save and it actually timed out and went to the login page.  So doesn't appear to be an inactivity issue.

My suggestion is there needs to be an option that allows us as the Administrator or End User to set the timeout value based on inactivity.  For both Central and Central Admin.

Thanks

~Dan~ 

• Every ticket I have opened regarding this has been ignored. However, I spoke with one of our channel partners ( Tony Sinclair) last week and he confirmed that dev are aware of this issue and plan to fix it. What seems strange to me is that it is taking them this long to act on it - this issue has been apparent ever since they brought in the new authentication.

• HI Mike, 

Could you DM the service request number . SO I may look into it .

Thanks and Regards

Aditya Patel

Regards,

Aditya Patel
    Global Escalation Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support

Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• This issue is still occurring as of Feb 2019. It's really not optimal for performance.

Reply Children
No Data