This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Re-register computer issue - no tamper protection password

We have just started using Sophos Cloud. A computer was registered using a link from the wrong persons email. We deleted that computer from the Cloud. Now we cannot re-register that computer because of tamper protection on that computer. We cannot get the password because the computer has been deleted. Is there a way to retrieve the password after to computer has been deleted? Is there a way to uninstall without the password? This is version 11.2.5 Cloud

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • I am using Sophos Central.

I removed the Sophos software from my Mac and Deleted the Mac Device from within the Central console.

Now I cannot add the spesific Mac device back to Central anymore and I cannot find how to uninstall the Mac endpoint client. Removing/Deleting Sophos from Applications does not uninstall it.

How to proceed? Most Sophos documents still refer to Endpoint Advanced with SEC or the previous Sophos cloud solution. When will Central be uploaded and updated?

• I find the uninstall option B 

https://community.sophos.com/kb/pl-pl/120838

showing me the uninstall program but it asks for Tamper protection. I need to add the Mac back to Central so I can manage it but how do I do that once it is deleted?

• HI Danie, 

When you have installed the Setup from Central , the software is linked to your account and also after removing the system from Sophos Central , you cannot re-register the system back . You may need to remove Endpoint and download a new copy from Central itself and Install again . When the System is deleted from central so does the logs and system information.

If you having issue removing the Endpoint let me know  , I will DM you the solution by disabling Tamper Protection . 

Thanks and Regards

Aditya Patel | Network and Security Engineer.

Regards,

Aditya Patel
    Global Escalation Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support

Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• I have this exact same issue.  Cloud Central doesn't show the endpoint and I can't uninstall in order to re-register.  Please DM me the same information so I can proceed.

Reply Children
No Data