This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

sophos central scheduled scanning

i have users reporting that when the sophos central enpoints are doing weekly sheduled scanning, their computers becomes very slow or lag.

is there anything i can do to reduce the scheduled scanning from taking up their resources.

my own computer also seems to slow down when the scanning is ongoing, taking alot of memory resources

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • - My information turned out to be false, please ignore.

• Where did you get this information from? The config of scheduled scans created by Central are for low priority. 

If you look in machine.xml for the scan config you can find:
    <scanSettings><minimiseScanImpact>true</minimiseScanImpact></scanSettings>

You don't get a choice as you do with SEC managed endpoints. The SEC docs say:

https://docs.sophos.com/esg/enterprise-console/5-5/help/en-us/esg/Enterprise-Console/tasks/scheduled_03_settings.html

Run scan at lower priority

On Windows Vista and above, run the scheduled scan with lower priority so that it has minimal impact on user applications.

https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/63985

Run scan at lower priority

Disabled

This option is only available on Windows Vista SP2 platforms and above. It will cause on-demand scans to take longer to complete

What OS are the computers?  I assume they are later than Vista SP2 but I have to check.

I wouldn't check the option "Enable deep scanning - scans inside archive files (.zip, .cab, etc.)" as this really will add to the time for very little benefit.

I would consider possible running a sav32cli scan to determine if you can maybe exclude some locations from scheduled scans that are taking a long time.  For example, on a endpoint which is slow to scan run:

sav32cli.exe -dn -ns -mrlog -p=%temp%\savlog.txt

you can then examine the log file to see where the time goes, is it in certian directories/files for example?

Regards,
    Jak

• most of the OS are Windows 7 Pro.

Enable deep scanning are unchecked 

Reply Children
No Data