This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Auto Update Endpoint - am i doing it wrong?

Hi,

I received the mail with the new update of the core agent 2.4.0 but i have some issues deploying it.

In the paste I used the manual update, but due to the behavior i need to try another solution:

-After clicking "Update test computer to the newest version", i can't add other machines to test if i missed some. with this i can't test more than the machine previously selected.

- I can't divide the deploy in more groups, letting me control the distribution in a better way (we have some critical machine that we need to check constantly).

So i decided to going Back to the automatic Update: i activated them in the settings -> controlled update.

I've created different update policies, associated to a group i want to deploy.

For explample this morning i added my PC and another one to a policy where i set to check update on monday at 14:30.

Result? Nothing, this afternoon update didn't start.

i made some mistake? it's been months that i try to set correctly the central but I still don't know how it works.

Thanks in advance for your help.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi 

Andrea Manini said:

In the paste I used the manual update, but due to the behavior i need to try another solution:

-After clicking "Update test computer to the newest version", i can't add other machines to test if i missed some. with this i can't test more than the machine previously selected.

- I can't divide the deploy in more groups, letting me control the distribution in a better way (we have some critical machine that we need to check constantly).

You can add the machines to test group while you click on an Update test computer to the newest version. Machines added to the group post clicking will receive the updated version. 

In case of a manual update, if endpoints are still not updating at the scheduled day and time set in the updating policy, then I would request you to raise a support case as it would require in-depth investigation after analyzing the relevant logs. 

Shweta

Community Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support
    Are you a Sophos Partner? | Product Documentation@SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'Verify Answer' link.
    The New Home of Sophos Support Videos! - Visit Sophos Techvids
  • Shweta said:

You can add the machines to test group while you click on an Update test computer to the newest version. Machines added to the group post clicking will receive the updated version. 

In case of a manual update, if endpoints are still not updating at the scheduled day and time set in the updating policy, then I would request you to raise a support case as it would require in-depth investigation after analyzing the relevant logs. 

that's a really useful information because in fact the machine I added in test group post clicking the "update test machine" doesn't receive the update, so i'll raise a ticket as you sugested.
    by the way i ask myself why even the automatic update still doesn't work as (I) expected (as i told before, if I noticed they are avaiable on manual update, why i can't change in automatic and deploy them scheduling it with policy?)... it could be useful to managed updates depending on a group and associated policy where i put the computer in.

...but if i have to be honest, i also have other problems in sophos central with things that don't work, and local support never helped me (like email filtering with keywords, never worked at all, or attachment filter, that doesn't work correctly with manual selection, or work bad with sophos list, cleaning even the signed pdf .p7m, and so on)...
    ...this last weeks I'm losing the last hope in Sophos...
  • Shweta said:

that's a really useful information because in fact the machine I added in test group post clicking the "update test machine" doesn't receive the update, so i'll raise a ticket as you sugested.
    by the way i ask myself why even the automatic update still doesn't work as (I) expected (as i told before, if I noticed they are avaiable on manual update, why i can't change in automatic and deploy them scheduling it with policy?)... it could be useful to managed updates depending on a group and associated policy where i put the computer in.

...but if i have to be honest, i also have other problems in sophos central with things that don't work, and local support never helped me (like email filtering with keywords, never worked at all, or attachment filter, that doesn't work correctly with manual selection, or work bad with sophos list, cleaning even the signed pdf .p7m, and so on)...
    ...this last weeks I'm losing the last hope in Sophos...
Children
No Data