This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos Central Admin - Agent Communication Time ?

Hi,

I have question about agent communication time with sophos central admin. When i change some policy from central admin panel, how can i sure the agent took changed policy ? I want force it policy changing for agents manuel. 

There is an option for agent update and i use this button "Update Now" but last update time says still 5 hours ago. This option for firmware updates or policy update ?

Thanks,

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hello  

Normally, a computer will attempt to update about 5 minutes after it has been started, and then regularly every 60 minutes.

Update Now in Sophos Central, or on the Endpoint UI (on the machine itself) overrides the automatic intervals. If you have forced an update (via Update Now) in Central and the Last Agent Update information does not change, you would need to check the Endpoint if it is on, and is communicating with Sophos Central.

From the endpoint, launch Sophos (double-click on the Sophos systray icon), click About, and click Update Now. It takes some time for the update to complete.

• Hello alper erbas,

please see this How to understand and troubleshoot ... article regarding policies.
    force it policy changing
    If I'm not mistaken there's no unsolicited send ("push") from Central Admin to a device. Thus you can't force a change if the client doesn't check for outstanding actions.

Update Now
    instructs via the management component (MCS) the client's AutoUpdate to check for Software and Threat Detection Data updates (the term firmware is misplaced here). AutoUpdate is an independent component, it also exists in other products that do not use MCS. It's the management component that is responsible for supplying policies and commands to the different components and collecting their status and messages to send them to Central.
    last update time
    indicates the time of the last actual update - at least that's what I assume (DianneY says otherwise). 

Christian