This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Detect malicious behavior exception

While running specific customized updates of our own software, the savservice.exe process takes all cpu power left. When I disable the Detect malicious behavior (HIPS) function, the problem doesn't occur. I rather don't want to disable the function totally so I was wondering if it's possible to make exclusions within the Detect malicious behavior (HIPS) function. Exclusions on file/folder/process scanning didn't work so far.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hello  

I don't think there is a way to do exclusions with HIPS if there are no detections. It looks like further investigation would need to be done with the performance issue (high CPU usage) with your application (caused by HIPS specifically). It is good though that you have been able to isolate the component that appears to be causing the problem.

Please raise an issue with Support and include all details you have gathered so far and mention especially that disabling HIPS makes the issue go away.