This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

[Sophos Notification] Sophos Central Endpoint and SEC: Computers fail/hang on boot after the Microsoft Windows April 9, 2019 update

Hi Everyone,

After installing the following Microsoft Windows updates Sophos has received reports of computers failing to boot:

The issue is currently being investigated. For more updates and workaround, please follow the below KBA.

Following the Microsoft Windows 09th April update computers fail/hang on boot

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Sophos Central customer here.

I'm not seeing the update on any of my servers yet, we have a range of machines across 2008 R2 - 2012 R2 and 2016 and nothing shows higher than 10.8.3. xxx (according to the article I should be on 10.8.4.227 to resolve this problem).

Client endpoints do appear to have the correct update 10.8.3.441.

Is anyone else seeing this or have I got a setting wrong? I'm super keen to get my servers patched up for obvious reasons but can't risk deploying May's updates when they arrive tomorrow/Wednesday if I haven't got the right update yet. Thanks!

• Hi Lucy,

The rollout for Central Server Protection has been completed for the majority of customers, but we do have the final batch to complete tomorrow. Please check tomorrow afternoon, you should then see that your servers are running 10.8.4.227

See https://downloads.sophos.com/readmes/sesc_centralserverav_rneng.html

Regards,

Stephen

• Thanks so much for the quick reply, I was starting to panic a bit about being unpatched for another month. If I miss my testing window I can't deploy to higher priority servers within the month so it's a real problem. thanks again I look forward to seeing the update tomorrow.

• Hi Lucy,

We have now completed the release; you should see that your Servers update to 10.8.4.227 soon.

Note: If you have configured Controlled Updates you will not receive the fix until your pause period expires.
    Note: If you have configured an Updating Policy you will not receive the fix until your scheduled update time takes place. 

Regards,

Stephen

Reply Children