This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

[Sophos Notification] Sophos Central Endpoint and SEC: Computers fail/hang on boot after the Microsoft Windows April 9, 2019 update

Hi Everyone,

After installing the following Microsoft Windows updates Sophos has received reports of computers failing to boot:

The issue is currently being investigated. For more updates and workaround, please follow the below KBA.

Following the Microsoft Windows 09th April update computers fail/hang on boot

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
  • It appears that some of the Windows components updated as part of these new patches require a Sophos token update...

I'm guessing these issues will be resolved when Sophos provides an update?

KB4493472 -- Monthly Rollup

• Provides protections against Spectre Variant 2 (CVE-2017-5715) and Meltdown (CVE-2017-5754) for VIA-based computers.
    • Fixed an issue that caused the error "0x3B_c0000005_win32k!vSetPointer".
    • Fixed the netdom.exe error "The command failed to complete successfully" appears.
    • Fixed the Custom URI Schemes issue.
    • Fixed the WININET.DLL issue.
    • Security updates

KB4493448 -- Security only update

• Same as monthly rollup except for error "0x3B_c0000005_win32k!vSetPointer" and Custom URI Schemes.
  • So this was happening to us with a windows 2012r2 box. 

so I booted in to safe mode disabled SAV and auto updates. Booted in to windows to remove the KB and I don't have those KB installed. 

The last update is KB4489881 so is the March security update also having a problem or am I just the lucky one. 

• that update installed on one of our machines today, and it was behaving itself, so maybe you were just lucky. check your event log to see if you have some sophos errors 8x just after booting