This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Android enterprise device owned

HI Team,

Apologies for all the posts.

I am testing android enterprise device owned config, but I don't seem to be able to find away to be able to allow camera and native mail on on this type of setup.

I have 1300+ devices I need to deploy using Sophos MDM but need to keep this locked down as much as possible and not sure the best way of doing this:

enterprise device owned or

generic Play store/Apple ID

Thanks

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi  

You can allow camera access by allowing it in the Android Enterprise Work Profile Policy/Device Policy > Restrictions > Allow Camera. 

As for allowing the native email app, please make sure that the app group present in the app control section of Android Enterprise Work Profile Policy/Device Policy, does not contain the native email client in the list. If it is present in the app group list, then it will be blocked. To keep things locked down as much as possible, it is recommended to user Android Enterprise and the easiest way to setup Android Enterprise is via a managed Google Play account. You can find more information on it here.

Thanks,
    Yashraj Singha
    Manager | Global Community Support
    Are you a Sophos Partner? | Product Documentation | @SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question, please use the "Verify Answer" button.
    The New Home of Sophos Support Videos!  Visit Sophos Techvids
  • Hi  

You can allow camera access by allowing it in the Android Enterprise Work Profile Policy/Device Policy > Restrictions > Allow Camera. 

As for allowing the native email app, please make sure that the app group present in the app control section of Android Enterprise Work Profile Policy/Device Policy, does not contain the native email client in the list. If it is present in the app group list, then it will be blocked. To keep things locked down as much as possible, it is recommended to user Android Enterprise and the easiest way to setup Android Enterprise is via a managed Google Play account. You can find more information on it here.

Thanks,
    Yashraj Singha
    Manager | Global Community Support
    Are you a Sophos Partner? | Product Documentation | @SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question, please use the "Verify Answer" button.
    The New Home of Sophos Support Videos!  Visit Sophos Techvids
Children
No Data