This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Central Linux server installer failed to connect to warehouse

I started to use the standalone product for Linux years before Central was available. I got a Central account recently so I followed the instructions about assigning my "server" (actually my Linux desktop machine) to my Central account with /opt/sophos-av/engine/registerMCS. The machine was assigned properly - or at least that's what I thought. I recently noticed that it haven't got any updates, I suspected because of a confusion with my old credentials set ages ago but I wasn't sure. Instead of changing the client settings I uninstalled it and tried a fresh installation. Downloading the installer from Central was easy-peasy (Server Protection - Protect Devices then Download Linux Server Installer) but the installation failed with this lovely message:

This software is governed by the terms and conditions of a licence agreement with Sophos Limited.
Installing Sophos Anti-Virus for Linux with arguments: []
Downloading medium installer
Checking we can connect to Sophos Central (at dzr-mcs-amzn-eu-west-1-9af7.upe.p.hmr.sophos.com/.../ep)...
Failed to connect to warehouse at dci.sophosupd.com/update (SUL error is [5-Failed to authenticate]). Please check your firewall rules and proxy configuration.
Failed to connect to warehouse at dci.sophosupd.com/update (SUL error is [5-Failed to authenticate]). Please check your firewall rules and proxy configuration.
Failed to download the medium installer! (Error code = 46)

I didn't make any changes to my network settings in the last 2 years so this message is huh... strange. What is an SUL error and how could I dig deeper? Presuming that the uninstaller of the previous product did its job properly, I'm not sure what kind of authenticaltion issue would this be.

On the Licensing page on Central web UI I have Intercept X Advanced for Server valid until next year. By the way, this new installer didn't remove everything from /tmp/SophosCentralInstall_<random chars> so I can even see some of the credentials but I don't know what should I use for comparison.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.